Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Hey fam!!

This will be a quick email.  We got news for transfers this week! The big news is that I will be staying on Fanning Island for my last full transfer as a missionary. I was really torn because I want to go back to Tarawa before I finish my time, but we have so many exciting things going on the next few weeks and I would have hated to leave before our awesome investigator families are baptized. I guess the good news is that I now will be here to see that happen.

This last week we had a baptism for Arawatau, a 24-year-old single dad who has two kids.  He is such an awesome recent convert and was so prepared for the gospel. He changed tons as we lessoned with him and I think that he will be a strong member for a long time.

Like I said, we have some super exciting things going on the next few weeks! This week we have a couple getting married and then they will be ready for their baptisms the next week.  They are in their 50's and have a daughter. The cool part is that they have a 17-year-old blind son who has been a member of the church for a year who has led his family to the church. He will be performing the baptisms this week and I think that it will be awesome to see.

The week after this week, we have two more families getting married and baptized with their children for a total of 8 baptisms. So many miracles have been happening out here with these investigators quitting smoking and drinking. Our investigators have had some of the hardest lives before, but they have all changed so much. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to be here and to see all these people that I have started lessons with come enter the waters of baptism.

So many exciting things happening and I'm so blessed and happy to be here. I'm so grateful that I can continue to stay away from the world and the thoughts of going home and that I can stay here for another transfer on Fanning Island.

I hope that everyone has a good week!

Elder Parrish

1 comment: