Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 6, 2015

FLUSHHH

December 6, 2015

Hello everyoneeeee <3

Is it really already December? Every day here seems about like Groundhog-Day when it's the same temperature EVERY day and when the sun rises and sets at the SAME time. I guess that's life on the equator :')

My caption basically says it all... This week something miraculous happened. As Isaiah would call it "a marvellous work and a wonder". 3 men came from Tarawa and fixed our toilet so that it flushes <3 I'm still not really used to it hahah sometimes I go flush it just to make sure it still works. Our fans also have worked their way up to almost lasting the night. Still bucket showers, but that's no big deal. I've grown pretty fond of those. It's safe to say that it's easy livin' (1st world?!?) out here on Tab North :')

This week was another good week. It had its ups and downs but I'm always grateful to be here. This week we were able to baptize 20 year old Iebeta. He seriously has such a good heart and a natural desire to do good. He told me that he wants to serve a mission when he hits his year mark. There's just some people you don't have to do much with. Super grateful for bright spots like him.

One of the harder things this week happened when we went to visit Kunimera. Kunimera is a 17-year old kid who's awesome. We thought that he was going to get baptized this Friday until we visited him-- there was some commotion as we approached and realized that he was 120% drunk. The funny part was that he told me he was "fasting" for fast Sunday and that he hadn't eaten. I told him not drinking was a part of it too hahah. Sorry buddy </3 It's crazy because in our lesson prior to that I felt impressed to say "Satan is going to tempt you so hard as you prepare to get baptized. Stay strong." Well, Satan won this one. We are going to meet with him on Wednesday and see what we can do. Just a minor setback right?!

Atarake update: We went to his house and taught a lesson as if there had been no problem :')

All in all, all is well! We should be having 3 or 4 baptisms in the next month. We continue to slowly find as we lose and we continue to work hard. Some days are harder than others-- you take the good days when they come. Some days you get all your lessons, the weather is perfect, and life is good. Some days lessons fall through, we get POURED on by rain and callin' it quits doesn't seem that bad. Whenever I'm sad I realize that my head is down looking at the dirt road as we bike. When I just lift my head up and see the ocean, palm trees and the island, nothing really seems that bad <3 

We are going to work hard this week before we prepare to head to Tab South the following week for another short trip! I hope everyone has a good week <3

-Elder Parrish 

No comments:

Post a Comment