Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

New Companion!

April 24, 2016

Dear Family:

It's been a crazy week but i'm super duper happy right now and everything is going well. I seriously don't think I've been like happier or more excited about the work than I am right now. It's been super surprising but I'll explain what I can. 

We were told last Wednesday that Elder Vaai would be leaving the first week in May. We were shocked when we got a text on Friday saying that Elder Vaai was leaving the following day by boat and that President Weir was coming to Maiana. Elder Vaai rushed and said goodbye to everyone and then we scrambled and got ready for President Weir.  But we didn't know why he was coming. We were scared that he was coming to set up a branch even though this place isn't prepared. The guy who would make a good branch president is leaving to pick fruit in Australia for six months and he leaves next month.

Anyway, when it was all said and done President Weir came and left. He was on land for like five minutes and didn't set up a branch or anything. I was really happy that I got to see him before he finishes his time July 1. My new companion is Elder Hoskins. He is a 20 year old from Georgia. I'm the senior companion because I've been out six weeks longer. He's a pretty cool kid and I don't think I should have a problem getting along with him. He likes B-ball and stuff. Not a problem here! It's nice also being the senior comp.

Also, the work is going WAY well. Right now we are teaching like five families and have tons of investigators. We had 12 investigators at church yesterday and should have a baptism this week. This is the best work that I've had in my mission and I've never been happier. I just want to teach and help these people grow!

it sounds like all is going well at home! My package got to Tarawa last week and should be sent out to us here this week. I'm super excited to get it! I love you and I hope all is going well. It's a time of challenges and growing, but I'm ready to take it head on. Love you.

Elder Parrish 

No comments:

Post a Comment