Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 5, 2015

1 MONTH WHAAAA?!?‏

August 28, 2015

HELLO EVERYONE!!!


 For those who care it's been 1 WHOLE month in the WONDERFUL Provo MTC. Where did all the time go?! It hit me for the first time today that It's almost September. If the next 23 go by as quickly as this month has then I will be home before any of us know it... I've been out only a month and that's already a scary thought. This past month I have learned SO much. More than anything, I've learned more about my potential and who I can become and who I NEED to become. I haven't changed overnight... It's a slow process. But I'm trying every day to be a better person than I was the day before and I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary. 

Not much happened this week. We said bye to the Tongan Elders on Sunday which was tough... I love those guys. Gonna miss our crazy water fights and other stuff but they will be great :')  The language is slowwwww. Sometimes I get really frustrated because I feel like I'm not making progress and I'm not where I should be after a month. On Wednesday I was really frustrated at myself, but then on Thursday I was back happy and feeling good about the language. I could be in the MTC for a year but at some point I need to get to the field to be able to pick up the language the way that I want to.

The biggest news is the fact that WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS TODAY. We leave on September 8th (a week from Tuesday) and we are flying Fiji Airways. We leave from here around 1:00 and then leave from here around 6:50 ish. We then travel from LA to Fiji, and from Fiji it's a 3 hour flight to Tarawa. I'M SO EXCITED. It's going to take 2 days to get there to the date line and stuff but this is all starting to become so real. I love it here but I can't wait until I can touch real lives in the field.

Other than that it's been a solid week :') We Skyped a member from Tarawa and taught her a lesson. That was a good experience hahaha. I still wreck in bball for those who care lolz. Elder Hudson showed up here as well <3

ALSO, I LOVE reading the scriptures. I finished the BOM this week. It doesn't matter if you've read it or not... You should read it. I promise that you won't regret it <3

Well that's about it. Next week might be the last time hearin' from you guys for a while (gulp) so drop me an e-mail wishin' me well in case I get sent to an outer island <333 Maybe with a phone number too if you're tryna get called in the airport.

Overall, I'm SO blessed and SO grateful to be a missionary. I'm grateful for all the trials.

:') <3 Elder Parrish :') <3






No comments:

Post a Comment